Setting up a new member
When we offer someone representation, these are the initial steps you should follow.
- Find the new member’s contact details, they should already have been added to TagMin as ‘other’.
- Call them and give them the good news. If you can’t get hold of them send them an email asking them to let us know if they would like to accept the offer.
- Once they have accepted the offer change their status on TagMin from ‘other’ to ‘client’.
- Go to the Training Team One Drive Folder and copy this into the new clients notes on their TagMin Profile, dating and initialing any sections that you know to have been completed.
- Next, head to the New Members Welcome Pack folder.
- Email the client:
- Copy and paste this into an email, making any amendments necessary, being sure to cc in JD so she can book in their first training day.
- Attach the following to the email: 2021 Contract, Personal Casting Information & Imaginative Descriptions and Bullet Points Master.
- Create their client files in ACT Docs (Clients, iCan and Self-Tapes).
- Training team will then take over with arranging training.
Homework – Getting to know the clients, watching showreels
Trainees will be provided with a Checklist in the to keep a record of what they’ve learned in each training session. The tick chart will be saved to the trainee’s Clients Files within ACT Docs. Trainers should ensure they know what areas the trainee still needs to work on.
1. Zoom welcome
- Intro to agency – website,
- Get logged into Google Chrome Browser, show them ACT links page
- Chat through the clients.
2. Overview and systems
- Go through ACT links page.
- Office rules – not logging in out of hours etc.
- Getting to know the newbie:
3. Submissions – what we take out of Tagmin
- Tagmin availability filter / calendar
- Preference grid / Yes to
- Clients’ skillsets
- Bottom line fees / Equity docs
- Partner/family/flatmate/bubble subbing
4. Bookings – what we put into Tagmin
- WJ – how/where to record
- Contacting the client – contact preferences, confirming tape has been sent
- Confirming with the Casting Director – when to contact and when to not
5. Confirming a job
The trainee receives full instructions on how to set up a Direct Debit for paying their monthly £20 subs in their welcome email. This email also includes information on how to pay their training fee. When accepted as a full member, the refundable £100 investment fee must also be paid to DRS.
When a client leaves ACT
In this unfortunate event, find the ‘When a client leaves ACT’ doc, which can be found in the Ex Clients folder, and copy and paste into their client page. Highlight any actions you complete and set a rolling To Do as per the instructions in the document.