What to do
- Look through the WJ at those actors who are currently working and create a piece of news based on that.
- Send out the regular email seeking news
- Create a Featured Image using Powerpoint in 4:3 aspect ratio
- Use the News Template in Elementor to design the news item on our Website
How to do it
- Click this link to login to Dashboard
- The password will auto populate after putting in the username: actitteam
- On the left-hand side, hover over Posts and select “Add New”
- Click on “Add title” and add a relevant title/headline.
Create a Featured Image
Follow this article here!
- Select “Edit with Elementor” (blue box, central, top)
- When the Elementor page builder window opens,
- Select the Gear (“Settings”) icon in the very bottom left hand corner
- Click the + sign in the box entitled, Featured Image
- Select Upload Image in the top left hand corner of the pop up box
- Select “Select Files” and navigate to your recently downloaded image
- Upload that image
- Make sure the image has a relevant title on the right hand side
- Select “Insert Media”
- Your featured image will now appear in the Featured Image box
- Below the Featured Image Box change Hide Title to YES
Designing a News Post
- From the centre of the screen, select the folder button in a grey circle.
- At the top of the box that opens select My Templates
- Hover over “News Post Template 1” and select the green “Insert”
- Select “Yes”
- Add the images and text as appropriate by clicking in the relevant sections. All editing is done in the menu bar to the left.
- The relevant title and the first 25 words will be displayed on our news feed so make the title snappy and first 25 words interesting starting with our clients name
- Insert interesting information and images.
- Link to exterior sites or Spotlight pages by:
- Find the site to link to and copy the address
- Write a key word in a text box,
- Highlight that word and select the link/chain icon
- Paste the web address into the box that opens,
- Select the gear icon
- Tick the box to say “Open link in new tab”
- Select “Add Link”
Publishing the Post
- In the bottom of the menu bar to the left you can see a green “Publish” button. Before you publish, select the image of an eye to the left of that to preview your post.
- When happy with preview, go back to the Elementor Tab and click “Publish”.
- Check here to make sure it displays correctly.