OneDrive is the cloud-based filing system that we use to house all our office documents. We migrated everything on to it during the first lockdown in early 2020 to make all our documents available for remote working.
It must be accessed with a live internet connection, so you won’t be able to access it offline. You can access the Actors Creative Team Docs on OneDrive here and if you are logged into ACT’s Chrome Account, the password will populate for you.
When you first open ACT-docs, you will see a list of around 20 folders. These folders are created for:
- Each team – from which you can access documents specific to those teams
- Client files – from which you access all current files
- Ex-client files – should you need to refer to an ex-clients’ work, headshots or invoices etc.
- Finance files – for logging invoices.
With remote working, it is often necessary to download documents such as contracts to your own computer, always make sure you upload them to ACT-docs. This is simply done by opening the correct folder in ACT-docs and dragging and dropping the file from your computer’s Downloads folder.
What to do with an email attachment
Often emails come with attached contracts, photos, pdfs etc. so it’s important then go to a virtual place where subsequent AODs know where to look for them.
- Select the email in Outlook
- Hover over the attachment and select the down arrow that will appear
- Select “Save to OneDrive – Actors Creative Team”
It will then be saved to the cloud and look like the job is done – IT ISN’T!
- Next, got to ACT – links page and select the ACT Docs/OneDrive
- Select My Files
- Navigate to the folder called Attachments and open
- Find the file you have just saved to the OneDrive
- Hover over it and three stacked dots will appear to the right of the files title
- Select the dots and select “Move To”
- A new dialogue box will open on the right hand side
- Select “Your OneDrive”
- Select “Actors Creative Team Docs”
- Now navigate to a sensible place, e.g. Client Files and select “Move Here”