“Spotlight connects performers with roles in theatre, television and film productions around the world. Casting professionals choose Spotlight to cast their projects because performers on Spotlight are recognised as the industry’s best. With studios in London’s famous West End, and partners across Europe, America and Australian, Spotlight is at the heart of the performing arts industry. Spotlight is the best way to promote yourself as a professional performer and be seen by casting directors.”
Spotlight is an essential resource for us as agents and actors. As such, we require all members of ACT to be members of Spotlight.
Spotlight is our primary source of breakdowns and we use it all day, every day to submit actors for roles, so it is absolutely vital that you keep your Spotlight CV up to date.
What to do
- Access Spotlight through the ACT Links page, by clicking on the Spotlight icon.
- Go to the Jobs Feed.
- Check the closing dates/times and start with the most time sensitive subs.
- Read the sub carefully and using TagMin Filters to check for the availability and skills of our clients, using the Preference Grid to cross reference where necessary.
- If this falls under a please check on either the Performance Grid or in TagMin or you are unsure about some element of the breakdown, contact the client using their contact preferences and ask if they’d like to be subbed.
- When you are satisfied submit clients
- Follow up with a push if someone is perfect for a role.
- Keep checking this feed throughout the day.
- Check the Spotlight Messages link throughout the day.